Sunday, August 8, 2010

Onion Rings

I've recently decided that onion rings might be one of my favorite foods.  But, I'm very picky about them.  I don't like them too thick, or too greasy.  We have made the following recipe a few times and these onion rings are my absolute favorite.

Ingredients
Yellow Onion, sliced into rings (you decide the thickness)
1 1/4 cups flour
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
Italian flavor Panko bread crumbs (the Panko part is mandatory)
fryer

  1. Heat the fryer up to 365 degrees. 
  2. In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
  3. Dip the onion slices into the flour mixture until they are all coated, set aside.
  4. Whisk the egg and milk into the flour mixture. 
  5. Dip the floured rings inot the batter to coat, shake off excess.
  6. Coat battered rings in bread crumbs.
  7. Deep fry the rings 4-5 at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. 
  8. Remove and drain on a paper towl.
Serve with ketchup or ranch, or your favorite sauce!  Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I will vouch for these! Delicious!! You are making my mouth water just bringing them up! You should have them at Riley's party! :)

    ReplyDelete