Thursday, August 12, 2010

Deep Fried Snickers

About five years ago the State Fair introduced their latest stick creation.  Deep fried candy bars on a stick.  I had to try one.  If it's made with Snickers, there is a chance I will love it.

My thoughts were mediocre.  While tasty, it was WAY too much breading and just fell like a brick into the bottom of my stomach.

At our State Fair party we decided to try them ourselves.  Only, I suggested we just use fun size Snickers because I didn't want anyone feeling sick after trying it.  The results were outstanding.  I think I had four.

Ingredients
Snickers (pick your size, but the fun size worked well for us!)
1.5 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c milk
2 T white vinegar
1 T vegetable oil (I used olive oil).

  1. Freeze your candy bars.  Rock hard.
  2. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
  3. Whisk in the wet ingredients.
  4. Coat the frozen candy bars in a thin layer of flour (or cornstarc).
  5. Dip them in the batter, shaking off the excess but ensuring the candy bar is completely covered.
  6. Fry until golden brown and then just a touch longer to make sure the inside is all melted and gooey.
  7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
  8. Eat, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment