Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Better Than Anything Cake

Rob's birthday was yesterday and he requested this cake for his special day.  He had it at our niece's first communion party and never stopped talking about it.  True to his word, it is delicious.  And, best part is that it is super easy to make.  Here's the recipe...excuse me while I go deliver pieces of the cake to all my neighbors so it is not sitting in my house where I will consume every last piece.

1 German chocolate cake mix
1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 20oz container Caramel topping
1 contatiner Cool Whip
3 Heath bars (chopped up)

Bake the cake according to the package directions.  When it is done, set it aside to cool slightly and in a bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and the caramel topping.  Now, take the handle of a wooden spoon and poke holes into the still warm cake.  About 20 holes is what I did.  Now take that milk/caramel mixture and pour it onto/into the cake.  I spread it around to make sure the holes were full.  Refrigerate for an hour (or longer).  Spread the cool whip on top and sprinkle with the Heath bars.  Super easy and super delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment